Upcoming Sonoma County Festivals & Fairs
Whether you’re looking for things to do in Sonoma County this weekend or in the coming months, we have a year’s worth of recommendations for you! No matter what month you visit, there are plenty of upcoming Sonoma County festivals and fairs you will want to attend. Sonoma Wine Country is known for its many vineyards but you will find so much more than that when you visit! From Healdsburg town events to Sonoma County festivals, put these upcoming events on your calendar and make plans to visit us soon!
Planning your trip to Healdsburg doesn’t have to be stressful. When you start planning your getaway, be sure to download our free Healdsburg, California Vacation Guide. In addition to upcoming Sonoma County festivals and fairs, you’ll be updated on the best restaurants, future events, and fun things to do during your visit. Our free guide comes straight to your inbox.
We’ve compiled a list of the best upcoming Sonoma County Festivals & Fairs!
- Wine Road’s Annual Winter WINEland is held in mid January! This event gives wine lovers the opportunity to meet the winemakers and sample wine all weekend long in each of our three local valleys!
- Lake Sonoma Steelhead Festival features music, fishing, food and drinks, tours, and a silent auction.
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair is held each year during President’s Day Weekend. Rides, exhibits, and entertainment can be enjoyed rain or shine all weekend long!
- Annual Wine Road Barrel Tasting Weekends takes place the first two weekends of the month. This is your chance to sample wines from the barrel, talk to winemakers and explore the beautiful Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys.
- Annual Celebration of Pigs & Pinot in Healdsburg. The celebratory weekend offers a series of intimate dining and educational events hosted by Chef Palmer. This event showcases some of the world’s greatest Pinots Noirs with perfect pork pairings.
- The California Artisan Cheese Festival takes place during the last weekend of the month. An event filled with everything cheese, tours and tastings.
- Sonoma International Film Festival takes places at the end of the month too. Showing over 100 films, live entertainment, and specialty tickets for sit down dinners accompanied by a short film.
- Annual Passport to Dry Creek Valley, takes place the last weekend of the month! This event features great food and over 40 wineries in our Dry Creek Valley!
- Russian River Food and Wine Spring Fling.
- Redwood Coast Whale and Jazz Festival, held at multiple venues April through May.
- Sebastopol Apple Blossom Festival and Parade, an event featuring a parade, live music, food, and exhibits.
- Geyserville May Day Celebration. In addition to a rib cookoff, there will be kids activities, wine and beer, and the crowning of a new May Day Queen.
- The Luther Burbank Rose Parade and Festival. Come out and enjoy a beautiful parade in downtown Santa Rosa!
- Healdsburg’s Tuesdays in the Plaza Concert Series held from May through August.
- Annual BottleRock in Napa Valley takes place during Memorial Day Weekend. Enjoy sun, music, food, wine and brew all weekend long.
- Healdsburg’s Annual Jazz Festival. Begins at the end of May and goes through the first week in June for 10 days of jazz, wine and good Healdsburg eats!
- Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classic at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds. A fun event with balloons taking flight starting at dawn during the first weekend of the month. There will be food, beverages, booths and crafts.
- Railroad Square Music Festival at the Santa Rosa Railroad Square, mid June. Free music on 4 festival stages!
- Country Summer Music Festival. This 3 day festival is Northern California’s biggest country music festival!
- Cloverdale’s Friday Night Live event takes place June through August. Enjoy live music, food vendors, local produce, and more!
- Enjoy the fireworks early at Windsor’s Town Green on July 3rd each year.
- Healdsburg & Cloverdale Fireworks available every 4th of July!
- Fort Ross Festival. Historical Re-enactments, music and dance, cannon firings, and a multicultural food court.
- Annual Sonoma County Fair. Fun activities will include rides, fair food, exhibits, concerts and much more during the first part of the month!
- Gravenstein Apple Fair. A fun family event celebrating all things apples. There will also be games and entertainment.
- Annual Old Grove Festival at the Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Preserve. Features a variety of musical and theatrical productions.
- Sonoma Harvest Music Festival occurs during two weekends in mid September! Enjoy spectacular music performances with great food & wine!
- Sonoma County Harvest Fair takes place during the first weekend in October. Over 100 wineries will be represented! Includes live music, chef demonstrations, an art show, a car show and lots more harvest fun.
- Pinot on the River, a fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Club featuring limited production Pinot Noir wine.
- Blind Scream Haunted House! Two huge haunted houses under one roof in Santa Rosa, CA! Celebrate a frightful Halloween from mid to late October.
- Wine and Food Affair hosted by the Wine Road the first weekend in November. The event will feature food sampling and wine pairings to showcase the best Sonoma County has to offer!
- Geyserville’s Tree Lighting & Tractor Parade is always held the Saturday after Thanksgiving!
- Charlie Brown Christmas Tree Grove at the Windsor Town Green. 200 individually decorated trees line the walkways of the town square throughout the month of December! On the first Saturday of the month, enjoy the evening tree lighting ceremony that includes holiday music and snowfall.
- Though it is not quite a festival, you have to stop into Costeaux French Bakery in Healdsburg! From December through mid January our local bakery features a Winter Wonderland of Nutcrackers.
Things to Keep in Mind When You Attend These Events
Events of this size and popularity typically restrict large limos or buses, pets, and children, so be sure to plan ahead. These events are ideal for smaller groups. Also, many events offer discounted designated driver options, so please remember to enjoy responsibly. Other good options are the Healdsburg Taxi Company or the Silver Service.
Stay Close to all the Action in Healdsburg and Stay at The Honor Mansion
For a luxurious place to stay when you attend Sonoma County fairs and festivals, look no further than The Honor Mansion. With rooms, a cottage and suites, The Honor Mansion offers a spacious home away from home to spread out, relax and unwind. Guests are invited to enjoy a full breakfast each morning and return in the afternoon for wine and appetizers before dinner. When booking your reservation, be sure to ask us about our Getaway Packages. If you’re planning to join us to celebrate a special occasion, ask a concierge about our Celebration Package! We can arrange to have sparkling wine, fresh flowers, or a cheese & fruit platter awaiting your arrival to your guest room.
Come and spend some time with us in the coming months. We look forward to pampering you on your time away. Start planning your getaway today!