Upcoming Sonoma Festivals and Fairs
Whether you’re looking for things to do in Sonoma County this weekend or in the coming months, we have a year’s worth of recommendations for you! No matter what month you visit, there are plenty of upcoming Sonoma festivals and fairs you will want to attend. Sonoma County is known for its many vineyards but you will find so much more than that when you visit! From Sonoma square events to Sonoma County festivals, put these upcoming events on your calendar and make plans to visit us soon!
Planning your trip to Healdsburg doesn’t have to be stressful. When you start planning your getaway, be sure to download our free Healdsburg, California Vacation Guide. In addition to upcoming Sonoma festivals and fairs, you’ll be updated on the best restaurants, future events, and fun things to do during your visit. Our free guide comes straight to your inbox.
We’ve compiled a list of the best upcoming Sonoma Festivals and Fairs!
- Annual Winter WINEland will be held January 19th and 20th, 2019. This event gives wine lovers the opportunity to meet the winemakers and sample wine all weekend.
- Lake Sonoma Steelhead Festival features music, fishing, food and drinks, tours, and a silent auction.
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair, Feb 15th through the 18th, 2019. Rides and exhibits can be enjoyed rain or shine all weekend.
- The Annual California Artisan Cheese Festival, March 23rd. An event filled with everything cheese, tours and tastings.
- Sonoma International Film Festival, March 21st through the 25th. Showing over 100 films, live entertainment, and specialty tickets for sit down dinners accompanied by a short film.
- Oyster Fest, April 7th at Bodega Bay Oyster Co. Come out and enjoy oysters and music to benefit local Rotary projects.
- 29th Annual Passport to Dry Creek Valley, April 28th, and 29th. This event features great food and over 40 wineries.
- Russian River Food and Wine Spring Fling, April 28th
- Redwood Coast Whale and Jazz Festival, held at multiple venues April through May
- Sebastopol Apple Blossom Festival and Parade, April 21-22, an event featuring a parade, live music, food, exhibits, and fun kid’s activities.
- Butter and Egg Days Festival and Parade, April 28th. This event is great for all ages and kicks off with local food and vendors, a parade, a beer garden, and a Spring Antique Fair.
- Oysterpalooza at Rocker Oysterfeller’s Kitchen + Saloon, May 27th. Celebrate Memorial Day weekend with great food and drinks and live entertainment.
- Geyserville May Day Celebration, May 6th. In addition to a rib cookoff, there will be kids activities, wine and beer, and the crowning of a new May Day Queen.
- The Luther Burbank Rose Parade and Festival, May 19th. Come out and enjoy a beautiful parade in downtown Santa Rosa.
- Tuesdays in the Plaza Concerts held May through August.
- Huichica Music Festival, June 8th, and 9th. 32 artists are already in the lineup for this weekend event!
- Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classics, June 9 A fun event with balloons taking flight starting at dawn. There will be food and crafts, and kids play area.
- Beerfest-The Good One, June 9th. Over 60 craft breweries attend this event and offer samples throughout the day!
- Railroad Square Music Festival, June 10th. Free music on 4 festival stages.
- Country Summer Music Festival, June 15th through the 17th. This festival is Northern California’s biggest country music festival!
- Cline Cellars Wine and Dixieland Jazz Festival, July 14th. Bring a picnic and enjoy music and wine.
- Fort Ross Festival, July 28th. Historical Re-enactments, music and dance, cannon firings, and a multicultural food court.
- Sonoma County Fair, August 2nd through the 12th. Fun activities will include rides, fair food, exhibits, concerts and much more!
- Gravenstein Apple Fair, August 11th, and 12th. A fun family event celebrating all things apples. There will also be games and entertainment.
- Russian River Jazz and Blues Festival, September 8th, and 9th. In addition to great music, there will be a wine garden, a vendor village, and water activities.
- Sonoma County Harvest Fair, October 5th through the 7th. Over 100 wineries will be represented! Also live music, chef demonstrations, an art show, a car show and lots more harvest fun.
- Pinot on the River, a fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Club featuring limited production Pinot Noir wine.
Wine and Food Affair hosted by the Wine Road, November 3rd, and 4th. The event will feature food sampling with wine pairings.
- Handmade Holiday Crafts Fair, December 1st, and 2nd. This fair cost $3.00 per person. There will be over 80 artists in attendance selling everything from home decor to jewelry.
- Sonoma Square Holiday at Historic Sonoma Plaza, November 18-December 31st. Holiday festivities include musical performances, holiday lights, and delicious treats to eat.
Things to Keep in Mind When You Attend These Events
Events of this size and popularity typically restrict large limos or buses, pets, and children, so be sure to plan ahead. These events are ideal for smaller groups. Also, many events offer discounted designated driver options, so please remember to enjoy responsibly. Other good options are the Healdsburg Taxi Company or the Silver Service.
Stay Close to all the Action in Healdsburg and Stay at The Honor Mansion
For a luxurious place to stay when you attend Sonoma fairs and festivals, look no further than The Honor Mansion. With rooms, a cottage and suites, The Honor Mansion offers a spacious home away from home to spread out, relax and unwind. Guests are invited to enjoy a full breakfast each morning and return in the afternoon for wine and appetizers before dinner. When booking your reservation, be sure to ask us about our Getaway Packages. If you’re planning to join us to celebrate a special occasion, check out our Dream Celebration Package. We can arrange to have sparkling wine, fresh flowers, or a fresh fruit platter awaiting your arrival to your guest room.
Come and spend some time with us in the coming months. We look forward to pampering you on your time away. Start planning your getaway today!