Sonoma County, California is known for its world-class wines, picturesque landscape, and incredible, renowned restaurants. The area’s biggest city, Santa Rosa, is also a foodie’s paradise and offers an eclectic mix of cuisines that will satisfy any craving. Whether you’re on the hunt for the biggest bowl of pasta around or are in the mood for a succulent, fresh-caught seafood dish, these Santa Rosa restaurants are sure to deliver. Get your forks ready!
Our Favorite Santa Rosa Restaurants
- Willi’s Wine Bar: Named one of the top Bay Area restaurants for four years in a row, Willi’s captures the relaxed, laid-back feel of Sonoma County. Guests can enjoy classic roadhouse favorites with a decadent twist, like tender filet mignon sliders, pulled duck bbq, and smoked goat’s milk mac and cheese.
- Flavor Bistro: Focusing on sustainable, organic agriculture from local farmers, everything at this restaurant is fresh and handmade in-house daily. The bake their own bread and pastries, hand roll pasta, and even make their own gelato. Plus, their wine list offers over 50 wines by the glass!
- Lococo’s Cucina Rustica: This renowned eatery focuses on simple, authentic Italian dishes that are both comforting and scrumptious. From classic spaghetti bolognese to luxurious risotto, Lococo’s has a wide variety of delightful antipasti, meat, and seafood choices that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- Rosso Pizzeria: Since 2007, this pizzeria and wine bar has created delicious pies from scratch using local and seasonal ingredients. Their Tuscan wood-burning oven gives you the true Neapolitan style of crisp, yeasty pizza, and the eclectic wine bar boasts over 100 wines from around the world.
- Sweet T’s Restaurant: If you’re craving southern food in Sonoma, you’re in luck! At Sweet T’s, you can try a variety of soul-food favorites including hush puppies (what’s better than deep-fried batter?), spicy shrimp gumbo, and crispy blackened catfish with mac n’ cheese. Yum!
- Stark’s Steak & Seafood: Featuring both a casual and upscale feel, Stark’s serves up classic steakhouse fare with a modern approach. Guests can enjoy a variety of dishes made with sustainable seafood, certified Angus beef, and American Kobe.
- East West Cafe: A favorite among locals and visitors alike, East West Restaurant has been serving Santa Rosa for over 25 years. They’re best known for the creative and broad menu that includes a large variety of tasteful, fresh, and local ingredients which embrace vegan and vegetarian options.
- The Spinster Sisters: This Bohemian bistro offers modern American meals including pan seared local tuna, grilled hanger steak, and grilled pork chops and has happy hours, outdoor seating, and weekend brunch.
- Chloe’s French Cafe: Chloe’s is a cozy cafe that is the perfect place to go for a yummy lunch in a relaxed atmosphere. Feel free to munch on a crisp salad, a signature hot sandwich, or specialty items like pasta gratin and spinach and roasted mushroom quiche.
- La Rosa Tequileria: Located in the heart of downtown Santa Rosa, this restaurant features delicious Mexican classics with contemporary Latin flavors, over 160 premium tequilas, and outstanding fresh-squeezed margaritas.
Come Home to the Honor Mansion
After you’ve had your fill of delicious California grub at these Santa Rosa restaurants, take a short 20-minute drive back to Honor Mansion and unwind in one of our beautiful rooms or suites. In the morning, you’ll wake up to a delicious gourmet breakfast and continue your exciting culinary journey through wine country. We hope you’re hungry!